Tag Archive | Ice Cream
I know we haven’t had any Line Fish for a while, but with all the rain, the pickings have been a bit slim. However I am Super Happy to tell you that we just got some Geelbek in from our mate Garret. If you are one of my regulars who have been phoning about Linefish, then get yourself down here ASAP as it won’t last long (that’s a promise). As usual we are dusting it with our Fish Spice Flour,Pan frying it with a touch of Garlic Butter and serving it on a bed of warm Mai Fun Noodle Salad, topped with our HomeMade Wasabi Mayo (R75.00).
Brand new at Mooki is our selection of Ice Creams and other delicious Nom Noms. At the moment we have Cappuccino cups (delicious little Cappuccino flavour Ice cream Desserts), Choc Nut Sundae Cups, Mini Chocolate Kisses on a stick, Ice Cream (Vanilla, Caramel and Chocolate), Frozen yoghurt (Strawberry and Granadilla), Milkshakes and Frozen yoghurt Shakes. When you order your next Take Away, you can now get dessert too.
In true Mooki fashion (excuse the pun), we are partnering up with the Awesomely talented Greg Darrol from Tokyo Go-Go (the guy who designed our menu!) and are gonna be introducing our very first range of Key rings, Caps and T Shirts which will be available for purchase in-store @ Mooki. Watch this space……..
Lastly, just a reminder about our Monday Prawn Special (Half a Kilo with Fried Rice or Noodles and a choice of sauce) @ R 65.00 and also our Tuesday Rib Special (Half a Kilo in a Sweet and Sticky Vietnamese Glaze with Sweet Potato chips) @ R 69.00.
Shot China, Love you long time…
Illustration courtesy Tokyo-Go-Go
Pickhandle Barracuda Special!
- Vietnamese Rice Balls: Chicken, Prawn, Spring Onion and Corriander Rice Balls served with a Sweet Mirin and Fish Sauce Dippy Sauce with a Herb Side Salad R 35.00
- Pork Wontons: Pork Fillet, Honey, Basil and Chilli Wonton parcels with a light Hoisin Dipping Sauce and a Herb Side Salad R 35.00
- “Fish and Chips”: Our Asian inspired take on a classic in honour of Kenko’s foray. Mackerel fillets brushed with Tom Yum Paste, fried in a crispy Tempura Batter with Sweet potato Chips and Honey-Soy Glazed Green Beans and Snap peas R 55.00
- Massaman Curry: A Mild Tamarind, Peanut and Coconut Milk Based Chicken Curry served with Steamed Jasmine Rice R 55.00
- Thai Fried Rice: Jasmine Rice Fried with Julienne veg, Oyster Mushroom, Toasted Seed mix, Corriander, Chilli, Basil and Fish sauce topped with Roast Peanuts. R 40.00 for vegetarian option, R 45.00 for Chicken or Pork options.
- Dessert: Ice Cream with a Sweet Plum and Ginger Roasted Pumpkin Seeds R 25.00
Learn how to talk about ice cream in Japanese!