Dabba means lunchbox in Hindi and is inspired by the Dabbawallas of Mumbai. This ingenious design aims at making you choose healthy food options and pack a balanced meal for work. Each box displays a food icon and is sized to keep portions in check. I love the combination of bamboo and silicon used, and if things go well soon the Dabba will be available at a store near you.
- Series of stackable dishes with silicone bases act as both a seal and a cool touch bottom for reheating
- Sustainable bamboo lid and a reusable felt placemat with integrated utensil storage
- Unique elastomeric handle keeps the stacked dishes secure during transport by stretching over the integrated dish “buttons”
- Felt placemat enhances the overall dining experience by elevating the food presentation and act as an insulator
- Food items can easily be transferred to the bamboo lid, which can double as a dish
- Dabba suggests proper portions by the varied sizes of the dishes themselves and the graphic icons printed on them
Re-Wine by Taiwanese design company Miniwiz is a clever design that transforms from a reusable, biodegradable carrying case for your wine into a lamp shade that uses the empty bottle as the base. If you’re not looking for a new lamp, the case also has interlocking joints that allow it to be connected to other units to form a custom seat, table or shelf. The more wine you drink, the more modules you have for building lamps or other furniture!